Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-file Error, secondary TP SS# & name do not match IRS records.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-file Error, secondary TP SS# & name do not match IRS records.

12 & 13 tax return filing MFS. TP (her) was spouse on tax returns when TP & Spouse filed MFJ. Now spouse is TP (her) and him is Spouse. I double checked and I have the Spouses correct name and SS#. There is 1 dependent on the MFS return. The Spouses data if from their 2011 tax return when they filed MFJ. Tech support continues to tell me the Spouses data is incorrect. I may just have to mail in 12 & 13.

Error code #

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    12 & 13 tax return filing MFS. TP (her) was spouse on tax returns when TP & Spouse filed MFJ. Now spouse is TP (her) and him is Spouse. I double checked and I have the Spouses correct name and SS#. There is 1 dependent on the MFS return. The Spouses data if from their 2011 tax return when they filed MFJ. Tech support continues to tell me the Spouses data is incorrect. I may just have to mail in 12 & 13.

Do you get an error code #?

Did you try calling # listed below (is that who you mean by tech support)?

Centralized toll-free number for the EPSS e-help Desk - assistors are ready to respond to questions and issues concerning e-products.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Why are they filing MFS? Did one of them change name on SS card? Are you doing both returns?
      Last edited by taxea; 04-21-2015, 07:36 PM.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X