Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test

This is a test post. are these words italicized? djkjdkkld are these words bolded?
    Jake Meyer
    jacob@thetaxbook.com

reply with link

dkfjdkjkldjlkj www.thetaxbook.com dfdfefe
    Jake Meyer
    jacob@thetaxbook.com

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by jacobtaxbook View Post
      This is a test post. are these words italicized? djkjdkkld are these words bolded?
      Yes and Yes

Comment

Yes

dkfjdkjkldjlkj www.thetaxbook.com dfdfefe
        Yes again. Now teach me. How did you do this on here? I can only do it in word.

Comment

How to edit context

Sandigi - per your request, click here: http://forum.thetaxbook.com/faq.php?...aq_vb3_posting for more information on how to edit your text with Bold, italics, underline, color, size - etc. Click here: http://forum.thetaxbook.com/misc.php?do=bbcode for the shortcuts on how to format this text accordingly.

The reason for this original post was to help a customer. I was planning on deleting this post but this might help others so might decide to keep it around.

Hope this helps with your inquiry!
          Jake Meyer
          jacob@thetaxbook.com

Comment

Posting options

Sandigi - per your request, click here: http://forum.thetaxbook.com/faq.php?...aq_vb3_posting for more information on how to edit your text with Bold, italics, underline, color, size - etc. Click here: http://forum.thetaxbook.com/misc.php?do=bbcode for the shortcuts on how to format this text accordingly.

The reason for this original post was to help a customer. I was planning on deleting this post but this might help others so might decide to keep it around.

Hope this helps with your inquiry!
            It's much easier to look around here:

Of course, you can just go to the bottom of any screen and click on the "BB Code" selection, which is the same link.

I would also STRONGLY suggest the use of the "Preview Post" button prior to final posting.

(Takes care of a lot of potential problems! )

FE

Comment

Originally posted by sandigi View Post
              Yes again. Now teach me. How did you do this on here? I can only do it in word.
              Word/Windows has spoiled us. This is the way we used to have to do it years ago, maybe when we had DOS? Is anybody that old?

Comment

Old age spoilage

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                Word/Windows has spoiled us. This is the way we used to have to do it years ago, maybe when we had DOS? Is anybody that old?
                Well, I actually wrote a program that would calculate all entries on Schedule G (income averaging) in what I assume was DOS (or was it PL-1 ?) in the very early 80's, using a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1. Enter four numbers, and the filing status, and hit "go." Every calculated number in its proper place on the screen.

Worked like a charm, and "the checkers" (remember them at Block?) loved it! Unfortunately the manager did not. . .it was the only "we can't have those things in the office" computer on site, and the rest is history. I ofter wonder if she (the name shall not leave my lips. . .it's probably repressed anyway) is still rationing big pink erasers and reviewing check tapes? The ammonia fumes may have "done her in" during the last millennium.

Did I mention I was one of the two preparers in the (main) office who even had calculators? (Paid a bunch for a TI 4-function model that I never left unattended.) But we all did have "adding machines."

Yeah, I guess I've officially entered the ranks of "old." FWIW, a "smart phone" quickly exceeds my current levels of comprehension. . .

FE

Comment

Ah, I loved those check tapes (adding & subtracting backwards.) It actually was quite a good tool once you got the hang of it. I also had an office mgr like that. She probably died eventually from a stroke. We were required to shovel the snow off the sidewalks in the branches. I did so many Sche G's I could calculate it on the adding machine without looking at the form. Nearly everybody qualified for it. I think that's why they eliminated it.

Comment

Working...
                  X