Cracked Me Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Me Up

Lady calls with some questions approx. 6:00 pm. She is not a previous client. Our receptionist tells her we don't answer tax questions on the phone. If she comes in, we might be able to help her, but there would be a charge for our service.

She says she is going to call the IRS and report H&R Block because we charge to answer questions.!!!!!

I was laughing so hard. I want to meet the nut that would hold for at least 2 hrs with the IRS to tell them that we charge for our service.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Don't call me. . .

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
    Lady calls with some questions approx. 6:00 pm. She is not a previous client. Our receptionist tells her we don't answer tax questions on the phone. If she comes in, we might be able to help her, but there would be a charge for our service.

She says she is going to call the IRS and report H&R Block because we charge to answer questions.!!!!!

I was laughing so hard. I want to meet the nut that would hold for at least 2 hrs with the IRS to tell them that we charge for our service.
    What a joke.

However....serious question having worked with Henry and boys some years ago....Block now charges just "to answer tax questions" ? My, how times have changed!

FE

Comment

i was former employee of Block and was about to ask the same question. we answered questions for free for all the years i worked for them.

Comment

I should explain more. She didn't want a simple question answered. She wanted someone to tell her how much she should send in with the extended form. She is not our client. She had come by our office and picked up a 4868 form. We give those out for free. She didn't want to pay for us to efile it. We do answer some questions. But, some cannot be simply answered on the phone.
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Some people think we work for the government. Well, we do look more and more like IRS employees......we are doing most of their (former) job.

Comment

IRS phone calls

You don't have to worry about her receiving any advice from the IRS over the phone; with a 54% response rate all the client will get is, "Due to a high volume of calls, we cannot answer your call at this time." Dial tone........we are not getting near the Govt we are paying for.
            Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Working...
            X