Obtaining 1099-SSA on line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining 1099-SSA on line?

Is there a way a SS recipient can obtain copy of their 1099-SSA on line and if so can you please direct me to the link.

UPDATE, I believe I located it at: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do Recipients needs to create an account.

Says recipient can obtain form 1099-SSA
    Last edited by AZ-Tax; 04-10-2015, 02:34 PM.

If you're just trying to figure out their current-year benefit, you can use the COLA to calculate it (provided last year was a full year of benefits)
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

How to obtain online

Creation of a personal online Social Security account is one of the better things the government has to offer. I urge everyone (regardless of age!) to create one.

Here is the link:
      my Social Security | Open a my Social Security account today and rest easy knowing that you're in control of your future.

Excerpt from the above web site:

You probably plan to receive Social Security benefits someday. Maybe you already do. Either way, you’ll want a my Social Security account to:

Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
      Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
      Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
      Manage your benefits:
      Change your address;
      Start or change your direct deposit; and
      Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.

In answer to the original post, having such an account obviously does allow the retrieval of the Form SSA-1099 for tax purposes.

**BUT** be forewarned: Establishing such an account takes some effort to include creating a STRONG password and acceptable personal ID.

Good luck!

FE

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        Creation of a personal online Social Security account is one of the better things the government has to offer. I urge everyone (regardless of age!) to create one.

FE
        Agree. Also saves countless hours from having to go to a social security office to obtain some documents
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
        X