Payroll software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll software

We have been looking for new payroll software for a couple of years. What are some using assuming 100+ payroll clients?

Payroll

I don't have just payroll clients, mine are all linked to accounting, so all of my clients are on Quickbooks. I am a QB Pro Advisor, and can log in up to 50 clients under my subscription, which works great for us. Some clients are in house and we issue the payroll checks, and others the business client processes payroll, we complete the quarters and the year end, and all of the compliance issues. Peachtree also has in house processing of payroll, but I am not too familiar with it. I think more for the client that is preparing their accounting, processing payroll, and then at the end of the month, the accountant does the journal entries and corrections for the accounting system.

I understand that ADP has a program to work with accountants and preparing payroll. Also check out Accountants World, here is a link to their web page http://www.accountantsworld.com/Desk...date=6/23/2006. The member sign on is free, and then you can check out their payroll processing. It is a daily news, research, discussion board, plus other services that you can sign on for a fee.

Another one I thought of was Tax Tools http://www.taxtools.com/, but in looking at their site, it is all after the fact payroll reporting.

Good Luck, and keep us posted of your findings!

Sandy

Comment

PayCycle.com

I don't have any clients with that many employees, but for payroll we use www.paycycle.com. No concerns about networked licenses, downloading update, or access from different computers and so far their service has been great.

Daniel
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Owner

Check out Jerry Medlin's Payroll. It can do it all. More than you are
        requiring. He is a CPA in California. Contact them at www.medlin.com
        He is in Napa, California
        Quick and efficient results. I have used it for years and will continue.
        Jo James
        ABLE TAX SERVICE

Comment

Medlin

I used Medlin for 2 years. The one problem I had was that in order to print say the 2006 w-2's and w-3's, I had to purchase the next years software. True it is only $45 and a easy to use package.

Comment

After alot of research I think we are going with Adaptasoft Cyberpay software. This is expensive but it looks like what I've been looking for.

Anybody with experience with them?

Comment

Originally posted by veritas
              After alot of research I think we are going with Adaptasoft Cyberpay software. This is expensive but it looks like what I've been looking for.

Anybody with experience with them?
              No , but have you looked at creative solutions? That is what I use and we have alot of payrolls, it is also on the spendy side.

Nice thing is you can integrate it with your bookkeeping writeup quite nicely.

Kind of like Lacerte , if you can afford the money it pays off in time saved and productivity.

Comment

I had Creative Solutions but was not sold on it. Returned it. I realized what I wanted was a full blown service bureau software.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas
                  I had Creative Solutions but was not sold on it. Returned it. I realized what I wanted was a full blown service bureau software.

What do you mean by "full blown service bureau software"?

Comment

There are several things. The following are not all inclusive.

One is I don't want to use GL numbers for a payroll only client. With Cyberpay I can turn it on for a specific client if needed. Impounding and tracking of impounds is a must have. Tax payment scheduling with ability to track due dates. Ability to track the status of payroll as it is processed. Batch printing of reports, checks and tax forms. Electronic submission of tax forms. Ability to track items for billing including method of shipment. Ability to select only the reports I want for an individual client.

Comment

Accts World / Advanced Micro

I use Accountants World After the Fact Payroll. It is so easy to use I love it. To view the automated 941, just click the 941 icon. however for 100+ clients I would be carefull, as I'am a small pratitioner and I sense this is not a real comprehensive package once you get into multi states and/or complex payrolls, etc. Years ago I used Advanced Micro (AMS) for after the fact payroll. It was not as user friendly, but once you learned the menu, it is a well detailed, compresensive package that can handle complex payrolls and does a very good job, and is not overly expensive. A larger firm near me uses it and really likes it.

Comment

Working...
                      X