Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MISPLACED IP (Identity Pin) PIN and PAPER FILING – ANY ISSUES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MISPLACED IP (Identity Pin) PIN and PAPER FILING – ANY ISSUES?

Any issues with paper filing along with picture ID, FORM 8948 (OPT POT), IRS letter verifying claim of identity theft?

SCENARIO:

• Client lost or misplaced the letter for the Identity Protection Personal Identification Number

• Client is Deaf and cannot call the IRS unit that handles IP PIN because no IRS - TTY #

• Client expects a refund

Thanks in advance
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
    Any issues with paper filing
    The client IP PIN letters that I have say that even a paper filing requires the IP PIN. Can someone help your client with a phone call maybe? The help number on the IP PIN letter is 1-800-908-4490 X245.

Comment

Go online

One of my clients went online and got his PIN. He also either neither got the letter or misplaced it. He said it took about 15 minutes and he had the number.

Comment

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
        One of my clients went online and got his PIN. He also either neither got the letter or misplaced it. He said it took about 15 minutes and he had the number.

Yeah. Even not being deaf it's how I'd do it.

Comment

Thanks to all

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
          Thanks. It sure beats paper filing
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
          X