OH deceased tp- help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH deceased tp- help please

Basically doing this return as a favor for long term client. Clients sister lived and worked in OH. Her W-2 has local tax deductions for Columbus and CNL WNCHS. These aren't flowing automatically from software to OH return.

Would appreciate it if someone has a quick answer if they should or not to save me some research time at this time of year.

Thank you!

Cities and townships have their own tax returns. I think you have to access those forms in your software for the info to flow to them. In some cases, no filing is necessary because there are no deductions.
    Last edited by Burke; 04-09-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Dealing with OH stuff

It's been a while since I had a return for Ohio.

But I agree with Burke. The "local" tax returns are essentially a nuisance and only (potentially) impact the federal Schedule A.

IIRC, some fixed % of wage income is grabbed by the local folks up front (almost like a sales tax) and that's about all there is to that story?

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        It's been a while since I had a return for Ohio.

But I agree with Burke. The "local" tax returns are essentially a nuisance and only (potentially) impact the federal Schedule A.

IIRC, some fixed % of wage income is grabbed by the local folks up front (almost like a sales tax) and that's about all there is to that story?

FE
        Found that since 2.5% was withheld and that is the correct amount, no need to file anything on it. On to the next mess...

Comment

Make sure that the resident city does not have mandatory filing. Many Ohio cities require returns from all residents, even if fully withheld. If no return is filed they will penalize them $15 to $50 per year plus interest on the unpaid taxes. I think Canal Winchester is also on the Columbus return.

Comment

Working...
          X