Partnership retrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partnership retrun

A client is in a partnership with 3 other partners. He has expenses outside of the partnership that he is taking on page 2 of Schedule E, the partnership agreement states that he is allowed to do that.
    My question is: He has paid an employee as well (W2) and I cannot figure out where to include that on his partnership return. The employee also contributed to a pension plan which is included on line 12a of the W2.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by LBR View Post
    A client is in a partnership with 3 other partners. He has expenses outside of the partnership that he is taking on page 2 of Schedule E, the partnership agreement states that he is allowed to do that.
    My question is: He has paid an employee as well (W2) and I cannot figure out where to include that on his partnership return. The employee also contributed to a pension plan which is included on line 12a of the W2.
    Thank you.
    Wouldn't the W-2 go on the flow thru to personal 1040 and not the 1065?

Comment

Oh, sorry, just saw that I misread the post, there is a line for wages on page 1 of the 1065 line 9 (I always back at the taxes and show salaries and wages only here and taxes add to that line) and also on line 18 page 1 of the 1065 is a line for retirement plans, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X