Laugh of the day non tax related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laugh of the day non tax related

The other day on the radio I heard that only Apr thru Aug the U.S. Post Office will allow you to mail a live Pheasant. Obviously for you that mail Live Pheasants, this is serious stuff : )

Maybe being set up here given today's date of April 1st. But probably true. Would go under the strange law category. You've all heard the types of bizarre laws, the kind where a town has a law where your not allowed to wear a straw hat on Sunday while walking down the sidewalk whistling Dixie with someone walking in the opposite direction when its raining, and the temperature is less than 75 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob McCoy View Post
      ...a town has a law where your not allowed to wear a straw hat on Sunday while walking down the sidewalk whistling Dixie with someone walking in the opposite direction when its raining, and the temperature is less than 75 degrees.
      Well, one may well expect such absurd laws from Northerners, but we here in the South are much more civilized. In Little Rock, for instance, a man is allowed to beat his wife no more than once a month.

Seems reasonable to me and I can think of a few clients who desperately need that regulation to be enforced.

Comment

Google is your friend

Originally posted by Bob McCoy View Post
        Maybe being set up here given today's date of April 1st. But probably true. Would go under the strange law category. ...
        Googling (is that a verb?) "shipping live pheasants" shows a lot of hits. One of the more comprehensive http://gamebird.com/shipping.html includes a link to the USPS rules. I didn't see anything date specific, except for the regulation that prohibits shipping live animals if they can be expected to die en-route due to shipping delays.

Comment

Working...
        X