NC Efile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Efile

Just wondering, I'm in NC and all NC's have been accepted at least within a day. I have a return I efiled on 3/28 and Fed was accepted, but still no acknowledgement of acceptance from NC state. Is NC that slow in acceptance now?

And I am an ATX user, when I checked history on that return that's no help. Who knows what "release marked e-files" means?

Comment

I don't use ATX any longer, but I read that many users wait to release state returns until after they have the federal acknowledgements. Did you release NC? Is that what your message is telling you, to "release Marked e-files"?

Comment

My software keeps NC in "held" status until federal is received then I transmit state, which is what I did. Just looked in the file menu for options and one was "released marked efiles" and I wondered what that meant.

Comment

NC slowness

At times, NC processing of efiled returns can be slower than molasses on a sub-zero day. . .

I have efiled several tax returns, starting early Monday morning. NONE of the NC returns have yet been acknowledged, although the IRS acceptance was within a minute or so and even a "foreign" state has already acknowledged within the same time frame.

Earlier in the season, I would normally have an efiled federal return accepted within a couple of minutes (some darn near instantaneous!) and the NC return would generally follow within a couple of hours, weekends included.

I suppose those old TRS-80 computers the NCDOR obviously uses just get a bit over-whelmed on a Monday/Tuesday late into the tax season. . .

Who knows, there may even be a "TurboTax refunds problem" that has been noted within the hallowed walls of NCDOR. Such has occurred in other states, but moreso during the EITC season.

But I DO routinely clear my personal worry list of two items: how fast refunds occur and how fast efiled returns get accepted. I simply cannot control things. . .I cannot control ! !

FE

Comment

Ok, thanks--what was the "turbo tax refunds" problem you were referring to?

Comment

Refunds question

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
              Ok, thanks--what was the "turbo tax refunds" problem you were referring to?
              It was in the news. Some clowns were using commercial (free/cheap/whatever) software to send multiple/ID theft fraudulent efiled tax returns to the states and the states shut down their processing for a time, or added substantial delays, to add extra security/processing of refund requests.

Here is a relevant link I found with a quick Google search:

FE

Here is also a related article from Forbes Magazine:
              The nation's #1 tax software company, TurboTax, has temporarily put the brakes on transmitting state tax returns in all states following increased reports of fraudulent activity.
              Last edited by FEDUKE404; 03-31-2015, 04:59 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

NCDOR now up and running

I've received acknowledgement of acceptance of numerous NC returns that were efiled on Monday and Tuesday. Some of the acceptance times are around 4 am today (hope it's not an April Fool's joke?).

Oh well - they must have finally fed the chipmunks running those NCDOR computer networks.

FE

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
                  My software keeps NC in "held" status until federal is received then I transmit state, which is what I did. Just looked in the file menu for options and one was "released marked efiles" and I wondered what that meant.
                  It means you have to go into that option and click on "release marked e-files" to get it into the "created" file to transmit. BTW, you can go to Preferences and uncheck that box and the software will no longer hold the state returns. They could then be transmitted at the same time as federal.
                  Last edited by Burke; 04-01-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X