IRS is suing you scam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS is suing you scam!

I have TWO messages on my phone saying it is the IRS and they've been trying to reach my about a lawsuit they are filing against me and to call xx number. I KNOW this is a scam, and it still made my heart sink to hear that message, how effective this must be on poor unsuspecting people!

report it and save the messages.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Who should I report it to? The NC Attorney General? I did save the messages.

Comment

You can waste your time reporting it if you like.
        There isn't going to be anything done about it.

I recorded one a couple of weeks ago, thinking maybe I should report it.
        Then I looked up the number on a couple of nuisance call registries.
        Similar calls have been coming from that number for over 2 years, and no action has been taken.

Besides, they're too busy sending refunds to identity thieves & EIC cheats to spend time following up on this scam.
        All they're likely to do is put out warning notices, which is what they are doing.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Save your energy

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          You can waste your time reporting it if you like.
          There isn't going to be anything done about it.

I recorded one a couple of weeks ago, thinking maybe I should report it.
          Then I looked up the number on a couple of nuisance call registries.
          Similar calls have been coming from that number for over 2 years, and no action has been taken.

Besides, they're too busy sending refunds to identity thieves & EIC cheats to spend time following up on this scam.
          All they're likely to do is put out warning notices, which is what they are doing.
          I agree with JohnH.

Other than making you feel better, complaints appear to be so must wasted energy.

The "Do Not Call" list is obviously a joke.

I would just spend more time being proactive and blocking the phone number(s) on my cell phone and/or land line. Another useful device to drastically cut down on robo-callers is to visit www.nomorobo.com

FE

Comment

Get your cell phone out and take a video of the conversation while playing along with the scammer. Then post it to YouTube for the rest of us to get a good laugh.

Like this one...

I received a call today from 213-455-2087 saying I would be arrested for not paying my taxes in 2011 for over $4000+. Although it is not legal to record phon...

Comment

Working...
            X