NT - ProSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - ProSeries

This is the second time that a file in ProSeries from 2013 just disappeared long after the tax return was filed. Luckily, it is no big deal since I have good backups but it worries me. Does anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I have at least one file that has disappeared from the Data File. Thank goodness for backups!
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I've never had that happen. Curious if you looked in your computers folders directly to verify that it was not there and that it wasn't just that it didn't show in homebase? I do have a few clients that have changed names and sorting by file name instead of client name will mess with trying to find it.

Comment

They most certainly disappeared otherwise, when restoring the file, I would have been asked if I want to overwrite.

Comment

Yikes! Guess I've been lucky that in 17 years I've never had a file self delete.

Comment

I am using ProSeries since 13 years, 2013 is the first year for this to happen, both files were very complex. Boy was I happy for easy backup recovery.

Comment

ProSeries, maybe last year for me

I been with PS since 2006 and this year has been the WORST in tech support. I had at least 5 hang ups this year. I noticed when there is a hang up, PS does not email out a survey on that particular call. Then top if off was their weather related long hold periods. I was under the impression that PS also hired pro tax preparers like myself who are PS users to field calls. I was offered that job 2-3 years ago.
              Then we have to pay what $75 (for me in AZ) to file a business tax return which I believe has tripled since 2006. Also the fee per year for the software has more then doubled since 2006. I been reading Lacerte's negative comments on the 2 message boards I belong to so I am afraid PS will have a giant increase for 15 to make up for the loss of Lacerte sales.

I really need to take a look at other tax software this summer and probably the one on the top of my list is Drake.

Comment

I haven't had problems w/ support, but then it's probably been a couple of years since I had issues to call them.

I was beyond ticked on the problems w/ bill per form last year and it was on my agenda to evaluate other software last summer but just never got to it.

My main complaint w/ Pro is the cost, but after 17 years I can fly though entry not needing to figure out where/how to enter to get the right results. Just not sure at this point if it makes sense to add frustration and entry time to save a grand on software.

Comment

I am upset with the costs and declining customer service as well, although I did not have to call for technical support yet. Two years ago, I looked at Drake, kind of, but I am afraid of switching. I am a one person office and I feel dependent on the good review the PS has built in. I am afraid I will miss too many important things on a tax return if I don't have this. Why can't we all live close and take care of each other?

Comment

Working...
                  X