"Off-topic" subject matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Off-topic" subject matter

Should discussion of "off-topic," non-business/profession subjects be allowed on this message board?
    Yes
    81.82%
    No
    18.18%
    Last edited by Black Bart; 06-21-2006, 05:39 AM.

My vote: YES, but.........

The main purpose is for Tax stuff.

However, I like the networking with other tax pros. Residing in a small community far away from the big city, my networking is limited.

Networking includes Tax stuff and other things that effect us that may or may not be Tax related.

How else can we survive in this world?
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

The problem

The problem with this poll is that it does not contain a tax question. That's unfair because there is no way to vote against the issue without using and therefore validating off-topic posts.

Comment

You 'da man!

Originally posted by jainen
        The problem with this poll is that it does not contain a tax question. That's unfair because there is no way to vote against the issue without using and therefore validating off-topic posts.
        Good one Jainen!!

Comment

I'd like to see more topics ie

Tax Discussion
          Financial Planning
          Off-topic - Business related
          Off-topic - All other

Comment

How about categories?

How about various categories, similar to NAEA WebBoard?
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

I guess the next thing will be a rule that we have to go outside to smoke.

I think we already have enough rules in our lives elsewhere.

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by wv112
                I guess the next thing will be a rule that we have to go outside to smoke.

I think we already have enough rules in our lives elsewhere.

Huh? These are suggestions for rules, just ideas to simplify our lives! If there were categories, I could skip those I weren't interested in.
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

I vote yes. Some topics are in a gray area. Others contain the well-being of a member. Some are off altogether. I enjoy the networking too and it's not to much time involved in not reading a post I really am not interested in.

There are some tax topics I am not interested either. The people who have created this board did an awesome job. It's not too much to ask of us to sort through the posts ourselves according to our liking/disliking.

Comment

I can usually tell within seconds whether a post or thread is worth reading, and what subject is being discussed.

I think it is fine just the way it is. As long as we are all civil and don't start insulting each other...

Comment

Topics

I'm fine with off-tax topics. We'll see less of that come tax season when we're busier anyway. And, now is when we branch out and want to know about financial advice or the SEE or QB or a fellow board member's health. Just label your topic discriptively, and I can skip it if I want. As someone mentioned, I don't want to read every tax topic either.

Comment

I don't care what the stupid court says

>>Just label your topic discriptively, and I can skip it if I want<<

I don't care what the stupid court says. I think it is some kind of gross cultural crime for Huntington Beach to pretend it is Surf City.

Comment

off topic why not? getter done!

Comment

I like the off topic threads but.... I think there should be a separate forum for it Alot of forums have multiple ummm sub forums I guess you call them

Comment

Simple is better.

Off topics are ok/great, sometimes entertaining.

Descriptive labels are a must.

Keep it simple, no subcatagories, it is perfect just the way it is...DON'T CHANGE IT.

HarveyLucas

Comment

Working...
                              X