PTC Payback Limitation for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTC Payback Limitation for 2015

PTC payback is capped for 2014 for certain TP's. Will there be any cap for 2015, or is this just a one-time thing?

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    PTC payback is capped for 2014 . . . is this just a one-time thing?
    I didn't see figures, but TTB Healthcare Book, p. 3-13, says it'll be indexed for inflation.

Comment

So, people could apply for the subsidy using incorrect information, content in the knowledge they will only be required to pay back a reduced amount?

Comment

Exactly my sentiments, maybe they are required to show their tax returns but then it would only be the 2013 tax return. I guess the 2014 regular sign up period was over before taxpayers realized what is happening, at least most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          So, people could apply for the subsidy using incorrect information, content in the knowledge they will only be required to pay back a reduced amount?
          Yes, but they could be subject to a $250,000 penalty for providing false information on their Marketplace application.

Comment

Is this prominently displayed on the Marketplace website and verification required? Perhaps it will be verified such as the FAFSA info?

Comment

Working...
            X