Client Referral Questionable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client Referral Questionable??

I have received 2 e-mails from this tax preparer offering to refer clients within my state that were their clients at some point in time? I believe I may have also received a VM because I typically delete solicitation voice mails during tax season to keep my mailbox space free.

Does anyone have similar experience with this firm or is this a total fraud??

Casey Jordan
    (307) 200-0760
    SpeedyTaxService.us
    Casper, WY 82601
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

I received something similar at the start of tax season but it supposedly was from an accountant in Louisiana. I did not respond to the emails, checked on the forums, and the consensus was that it was a scam.

Comment

I would respond to the emails. Say you do not know him or his company. How did he come to recommending you to his clients?

Typing the phone number in google shows that in 2011 and 12, it was being used for some sort of solicitation. The website is pretty generic.

I had phone calls a few years back saying from a company saying they had clients in my area they wanted to refer. Forget the name. Kept leaving messages and I decided to pickup one day. Had to pay a fee for a list of "potential" clients. I told them what a scam, take my name off their list, and I would make sure other accountant's knew what they were doing.
      Last edited by geekgirldany; 03-26-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I was cleaning up my spam folder today and I had one of these emails from "Casey Jordan".
        It's a scam - just trash it.
        If you reply, I'm betting you get on a hundred other spam lists.
        Definitely don't open any attachments or follow any links.

The poorly worded explanation and fake client message suggests that a client local to me has uploaded their info to "Casey's" web site.
        Well, if they can upload their info to Casey's site, why can't "Casey" just go ahead and prepare the return & collect the fee?
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
        X