No announcement yet.

KinderMorgan Energy Ptrs Merger & KMI Stock Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response to info at the bottom of this article: My thoughts exactly. And here's another wrinkle. One of my clients reinvested his quarterly distributions since the original purchase in 2009, so there are 16+ "adjustments to basis" shown on his worksheet. Just for kicks, I added up their figures. They do NOT agree with the total provided at the bottom. On either of the worksheets provided. Oh well, I am not about to get into that... I have 2 more to do, one client who had two such LP's, combined into one in 2014, then caught in the liquidation. I just hope the basis adjs are for the combined accounts. Not to mention the other 17 LP's they sold (all energy related.)

Comment

Sales Procees, cost basis etc.

Here is another article on this. I have the 2014 Sales Worksheet 1 & 2. Says in the article the conversion is reported as a sale regardless if the sold after conversation. That is where I am stuck. Boxes 4, 5, 7, 8 & 10 are blank on pg 1 of sales worksheet are blank. TP's 1099-B does not list the security as being sold now I need to look at TP's Nov & Dec 2014 monthly statements. I am hoping the 1099-B may have the cost basis. Is that wishful thinking?

Comment

Working...
      X