Refresher Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refresher Course

Is there such a thing as a refresher course/exam on the internet that one can take to stay fresh on tax laws? Even score the exam? Wishful thinking?

Tax courses

Go to Google, type in income tax courses and see if something pops up.

Comment

Courses

A friend told me about a site called Fun CPE.

You can register for whatever test you want (there are several), they provide the sites for the study material. You can study, then take your test later on. If you wish, you can test and research at the same time. I like this format because it's like a great refresher course while you get your required credits. You can't beat their price!

Here are some others if you want a regular class format: Gear Up, Spiedel

Dennis

Comment

Review Courses

If you're considering a classroom setting, HRB's Everyone's Return is an upper level course that covers a bit of everything on Forms 1040 with an instructor, textbook, workbook, homework, graded exam, etc. Don't know how much HRB charges non-Blockheads. If you're looking for a review of more entry-level material, then HRB's Basic Income Tax Course. Go to HRBlock.com to look for a course near you.

Comment

Courses

Dennis:
          I looked at that web site on CPE Fun and find the prices quite reasonable. Have you taken any of these courses. Some of them are actually free.

Comment

Fun CPE

Yes I took several courses for 2004 and plan to take a couple for 2005. Taking them on the internet is great and very fast. They email you the certificate.

Sandy

Comment

Yes, I did

Originally posted by Chief
              Dennis:
              I looked at that web site on CPE Fun and find the prices quite reasonable. Have you taken any of these courses. Some of them are actually free.
              Chief,

I did take one free course to get the hang of it. I did not have time to take more this week, but plan to later. You really can't beat their prices. I spent a small fortune last year getting all my credits, so for me, this is perfect.

I really love the format and like Sandy said, they email your certificate immediately. Try the free one and see what you think.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
              X