Practitioner Priority Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practitioner Priority Line

I am sure many here are aware of the new restrictions on the PPS line...if not, here is the quote from the IRS website:

Effective January 6, 2014, the IRS will limit Practitioner Priority Service to responding only to requests from tax professionals who are actively working with their clients to resolve tax account issues. Allowable tax professionals include Circular 230 Representatives, Registered/Unenrolled Return Preparers with Forms 2848 or 8821, or Reporting Agents with a Form 8655.

I know in the past you could have the client present with you when you called PPS. They were then able to give PPS verbal permission to discuss their account. Anyone have experience with trying this under the new restrictions? I have a client who I think is an ID Theft victim and was looking for a quicker process than the 7-10 day POA processing time.

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
    I am sure many here are aware of the new restrictions on the PPS line...if not, here is the quote from the IRS website:

Effective January 6, 2014, the IRS will limit Practitioner Priority Service to responding only to requests from tax professionals who are actively working with their clients to resolve tax account issues. Allowable tax professionals include Circular 230 Representatives, Registered/Unenrolled Return Preparers with Forms 2848 or 8821, or Reporting Agents with a Form 8655.

I know in the past you could have the client present with you when you called PPS. They were then able to give PPS verbal permission to discuss their account. Anyone have experience with trying this under the new restrictions? I have a client who I think is an ID Theft victim and was looking for a quicker process than the 7-10 day POA processing time.
    Try the IRS ID theft and fraud prevention line 1-800-908-4490

Comment

Working...
    X