Foreign income for Bona Fide Resident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign income for Bona Fide Resident

My clients live and (she) works in Romania. They have lived there as long as I have known them. Since their eldest daughter started at Boston University, they have visited the US more.

He is retired and on Soc Sec. She works in Romania as a teacher, always has. Earned zero money in the US.

Combined, they visited the US a total of 78 days in 2014.

Since they are Bona Fide residents of RO, must I still fill out 2555EZ page 2, part 3?

ANDDDD..... Wife was the only one with earned income (hubby only has Soc Sec), and she was only in the US 28 of those days.

I don't know if I fill out the days present at all... or just for her... or one for her and one for him...
    Last edited by Possi; 02-17-2015, 11:09 AM.
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

bump

I posted this on the 17th. Can someone send me to a pub that spells this out?

The wife is the only one with earned income. Must I report their combined days in the US, or just her days in the US?
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
    X