President of a corp and disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President of a corp and disability

I have a client that is the president of a small incorporated business. He is on payroll. He wants to get on disablilty due to health issues. The disability people are telling him he can make 1090.00 per month, his payroll is no problem. However, they are telling him that "HIS" business can't make over 1090.00 per month, which probably won't be a problem either, but I'm thinking since it's incorporated and is a separate entity that is not correct. I will do more research, we all know when it comes to government things don't always make sense. I thought someone here may have had some experience in this area and can shed some light. Thanks!

Who are the "disability people?" A private insurer? Federal/state/local govt?

Comment

Sorry, they are Federal people

Comment

I know now that this goes much deeper than just income. I know this can be VERY complicated! However, I'm still questioning whether or not the income of the CORP is considered or just HIS income as the employee. I'm thinking the CORP is not HIS income, but I guess as the President, it truly is, just not TECHNICALLY as it is a separate entity. I cannot find any information on this. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X