ACA part year insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACA part year insurance

Client enrolled in the marketplace effective July 1, 2014. Previous he was on his parents insurance for the first 6 months.
    Received form 1095-A, recorded on form 8962.
    How do I report or show an exemption for the first 6 months? I find no "exemption" for that on form 8965! or, do I just check box on line 61 stating full year coverage and just file form 8962?
    Very confused.
    Thanks,
    bardon719

Originally posted by bardon719 View Post
    Client enrolled in the marketplace effective July 1, 2014. Previous he was on his parents insurance for the first 6 months.
    Received form 1095-A, recorded on form 8962.
    How do I report or show an exemption for the first 6 months? I find no "exemption" for that on form 8965! or, do I just check box on line 61 stating full year coverage and just file form 8962?
    Very confused.
    Thanks,
    bardon719

I don't believe there is an exemption "I was insured" for failing to have insurance. That is, if they had insurance the full year, they don't need an exemption. Yes, check the box.

Comment

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
      I don't believe there is an exemption "I was insured" for failing to have insurance. That is, if they had insurance the full year, they don't need an exemption. Yes, check the box.
      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X