Privacy Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy Notices

It has been my practice to include the Privacy Notice as a separate document when giving the TP a copy of his tax return. However, I notice the engagement letter I am using has this Privacy Notice on it, and the signature is required for any TP for whom I am preparing a return, including a spouse. Would this meet the requirement for issuing a Privacy Notice? Do you include a copy of the engagement letter in the tax return documents given to the TP?

The standard privacy notice is documented at 3 pieces in my practice.

1) Engagement Letter

2) Organizer

3) Checklist (those who could care less about the organizer!)

Also with a new client I will spend some time explaining how I work, what happens if someone calls to get a copy of their return etc. etc. I also tell them a bit about my backup and archiving procedures including off site repository of backups.

In all these years I have had only one client ask me followup questions? This fellow is a compliance officer for an insurance company!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Yes, I include a copy of the engagement letter in their tax folder. I include a copy of anything they sign.

Comment

Working...
      X