HP4000 Printing problems now switch to Window 7 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP4000 Printing problems now switch to Window 7 pro

I am having problems with my HP4000 printing ever since I upgraded my computer. The printer printed just fine on my old computer which was running Windows XP pro.

Now that I have a new computer which is Windows 7 Professional, I have been having problems with the printer. Anyone else run into this problem?

You probably will suggest downloading a driver but can you be specific which one? And especially if any of you had this specific problem with the HP4000 laser jet printer, I would like to hear from you!

Thanks for any input one may have!

[QUOTE=nwtaxlady;168186]I am having problems with my HP4000 printing ever since I upgraded my computer. The printer printed just fine on my old computer which was running Windows XP pro.

Now that I have a new computer which is Windows 7 Professional, I have been having problems with the printer. Anyone else run into this problem?

You probably will suggest downloading a driver but can you be specific which one? And especially if any of you had this specific problem with the HP4000 laser jet printer, I would like to hear from you!

Thanks for any input one may have![/QUOTE

I am posting a link to get the correct driver. Please verify if you have Win 7 32 bit or 64 bit.

Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

HP4000 and Win 7pro 64 bit

Thanks for responding. It is 64 bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nwtaxlady View Post
        Thanks for responding. It is 64 bit.
        My recommendation would be go to Control panel -> Printers and remove the existing printer driver and then reboot computer before installing the updated driver from the HP site.

Also most printer driver programs have a diagnostic program. If yours has one please run it.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Pcl-5

I think you need a driver or something called PCL-5.

Comment

If you are not printing yet, there is lots of info and a "free download required" link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...Osid=Windows+7

Comment

Tried all of the above you all have suggested

I have tried all that all of you have suggested and still not printing right. When it was hooked up to my old computer Win XP Pro had no problems. It all started with new computer which has Win 7 pro 64 bit.

Frustrating!

Comment

HP Printer Problems

I have tried all that all of you have suggested and still not printing right. When it was hooked up to my old computer Win XP Pro had no problems. It all started with new computer which has Win 7 pro 64 bit.

Frustrating!
                I am also having problems with a HP printer printing from the Drake software. I have checked to make sure I have all updated drivers and still printing incorrectly. When printing from the Drake software, my HP printer thinks that Drake is sending 8-1/2 x 14 paper rather than the 8-1/2 x 11. I called Drake, but they said they would research and get back to me (that was Friday) and no call back yet.

Peggy Sioux

Comment

If not printing at all

If it is not printing at all try sonnecting the USB cord into a different slot and reboot. I have to do this once or twice a year. As a matter of fact it just happened today.

Comment

Possible Solutions

nwtaxlady--

Based on my limited research, HP does not appear to offer a driver for download for that particular model; they claim that it is already included in Windows 7. You may need an update from Windows. The correct driver might be buried in the optional hardware updates. These updates will not install automatically, and must be manually selected. Go to Control Panel (Category View), System and Security, Windows Update, Check for Updates. Then look at both the recommended and optional updates.

PeggySioux--

I can't offer a real solution to your problem with Drake, but I do have a temporary workaround, if you haven't already figured this out.

From within Drake, you can save the return as a PDF, and then print from the PDF file.

BMK
                    Burton M. Koss
                    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

I have tried everything you all have suggested and still not working.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have tried all that you people have suggested and still not working right. I think it is fixed, then I go to print some labels and it does weird stuff! Next suggestion?

Comment

Printer

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have tried all that you people have suggested and still not working right. I think it is fixed, then I go to print some labels and it does weird stuff! Next suggestion?
                        Is the problem only with labels? Or is it having problems printing everything?

If it is only with labels, then the problem is not with your PC or with the printer. That sounds like there is something wrong with the configuration of the program that you are using to print the labels. For example, what are you using to print the labels? MS Word, your tax software, or something else?

If it is not printing anything correctly, you are running out of options. You may have no choice but to seek professional tech support, either from HP, or from Microsoft. Neither of those is likely to be free, because the printer is probably waaaay out of any kind of warranty or service agreement, and you probably don't have a service contract with Microsoft. But if you purchased Windows 7, or the computer itself, within the last 90 days, or even within the last year, you may get free support from Microsoft or from the PC manufacturer (Dell, HP, etc.).

If none of those options are available to you for free, it may be easier and less expensive to pay a local tech support guy, or even just throw in the towel and get a new printer...

I wish I had a better answer for you.

BMK
                        Burton M. Koss
                        koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Working...
                        X