No announcement yet.

Spreadsheet for 8% exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the link for my webpage that has my version of it. My version is more focused on the exemptions or hardship if a person has access to employer insurance, but it also has the section for those without access to employer insurance. I've included a 'donation' link on the webpage, but I'm NOT "asking" for donations. However, if you find it useful, feel free to donate. :-)

If you like 'seeing' how the calculations work, this spreadsheet is NOT for you. Dusty's spreadsheet is much better for 'seeing' the flow of numbers.

I've recently made some major modifications, but have NOT reviewed it yet to check the calculations. I'll check it soon, so in the meanwhile use at your own risk. I've also included a collection of potentially useful links.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or think some modifications could be made. Thank you to Dusty: Your worksheet made me realize I had an error in my, so I was able to correct it. :-)
    Last edited by TaxGuyBill; 01-17-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Spreadsheet for 8% exemption

I'd like a copy as well, if not too late. Much appreciated Dusty
      Rlmea@aol.com

Comment

Request

Sorry to be late with my request.

Robert Wagner
        rwagner39@verizon.net

How can we reimburse you for your time?

Comment

Request

Could you email a copy of spreadsheet and thank you....Lois
          montyd@ipa.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
            A huge thanx to both Mike and Dusty for so generously sharing their work.
            Yes indeedy!

Comment

You are welcome

Glad to help. Hopefully everyone who wanted a copy of mine received it. Mine only calculates the 8% exemption it does not do all the fancy things.

I do find mine a little easier to use (probable because I wrote it) so I may modify it to do the calculation for employer provided health insurance that may be too expensive. If I do I will send an update to everyone.

If anyone did not get a copy let me know.

Dusty

Comment

Spread sheet

Hey Dusty can I get a copy of that spread, washcountytax@hotmail.com.

Thanks a bunch

Comment

Bill put mone and his on his webpage

Originally posted by tax info man View Post
                  Hey Dusty can I get a copy of that spread, washcountytax@hotmail.com.

Thanks a bunch
                  Bill put both copies on his web page.

Mine is nice for the simple calculations - when and individual does not have any insurance and it is not offered by his employer.

Bills is GREAT for everything else.

Dusty

Comment

Copy of Spreadsheet

I would also like a copy of the spreadsheet please.

Comment

Follow link

Originally posted by Evelyn View Post
                      I would also like a copy of the spreadsheet please.
                      Evelyn:

Follow this link and you will get both spreadsheets.

Dusty

Comment

Exemption for older dependents

Thanks for posting your spreadsheet.
                        The question I have is how the affordability is calculated with older (over age 26) dependents. They are not eligible for any plan from work, but it seems that when adding their costs from the Exchange with the parents cost from the employer, makes the family "unaffordable". Can the parent then claim an "affordability exemption" for the child's Shared responsibility payment?

Comment

Originally posted by jskehan View Post
                          Thanks for posting your spreadsheet.
                          The question I have is how the affordability is calculated with older (over age 26) dependents. They are not eligible for any plan from work, but it seems that when adding their costs from the Exchange with the parents cost from the employer, makes the family "unaffordable". Can the parent then claim an "affordability exemption" for the child's Shared responsibility payment?
                          The "unaffordable" calculation for those with access to employer coverage and the "unaffordable" calculation for those without access to employer coverage are completely separate. It seems quite unfair, but they can not be combined.

Comment

Working...
                          X