Deluxe Edition - Number of Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deluxe Edition - Number of Sections

How many sections are in the Deluxe Edition?

Mine has 25.

However, check the index which references numerous other sections. Here a few that I have encountered:
    1. Repair regulations 26-1
    2. Repairs vs improvements chart 26-1
    3. Reporting
    Business final year 27-4
    4. RV - business use 26-6
    5. Sale of assets
    C corporation 27-6
    Jiggers, EA

I was getting ready to ask the same question. Mine stops at 25. But I see references in the Index up to 33!

Comment

I just checked mine (web library) and the tabs 26-33 are all in the small business edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TXEA View Post
        I just checked mine (web library) and the tabs 26-33 are all in the small business edition.
        First of all, that isn't good. It wasn't that way last year.

And then I am noticing that there is nothing on the new repairs and maintenance and capitalization under the Sole Proprietorship and Farmers Section, Section 5.

It is in Section 7, Rentals.

I expect better from The TaxBook. Because it has always been a professional publication that I could rely on. And I expect the new repairs & maintenace in Section 5 also because it is the DELUXE EDITION.

What gives?
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

One more comment. I don't want an index that gives me references to sections and pages that are not there. I don't have time to be chasing around looking for sections and pages that are not there.

I expect a reprint of the index. Nothing less.

I have e-mailed them regarding to my initial post. Waiting on a responsel
          Last edited by Jiggers; 01-09-2015, 05:15 PM.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Index says Repair vs Capitalization - IRS audit - are in Section 32, which we don't have. I also have the Deluxe edition. The order form lists a Deluxe Edition Plus which is a little more expensive. Is this the one which contains the additional sections?

Comment

I ordered the Deluxe Edition PLUS. The first page inside my book says this is the Deluxe Edition PLUS.
              Jiggers, EA

Comment

I have the Web Library with all the publications. With all the confusion around the Tangible Property Regs, it probably should have been in the 1040 and Small Business books in its entirety.

You may want to consider the Web Library.

Comment

Response from The TaxBook

"As you noted, the index for the Deluxe Edition has references to Tabs 26 through 33, which are not present in the publication. A sorting error in the index created this problem. Indexes for the 1040 Edition (Tabs 1 through 17) and the Small Business Edition (Tabs 26 through 33) were created, then were combined for the Deluxe Edition (Tabs 1 through 25). The references to Tabs 26 through 33 should have been deleted from the combined index, but were not. The result is reference to Tabs that are not present in the Deluxe Edition.

We sincerely apologize for the error and any aggravation it caused. We have put new procedures in place to ensure the index is properly formatted for all future publications.
                  One particular item that has created some difficulty in navigating the Deluxe Edition relates to health care reform. Health care reform issues have been referred to by several different terms, but we usually referred to the scheme as “Health Care Reform.” If you are looking under “ACA” or “Affordable Care Act,” you’ll see relatively few entries. If you refer to “Health Care Reform,” you will see many more entries in the Deluxe Edition.

We thank you for your correspondence, and again we apologize for the index errors.

Paul Roberts
                  Executive Editor"
                  Jiggers, EA

Comment

So can we get an updated index? Or at least which sections we have correspond with the numbers that we don't have. For example, when it tells us to o to 31-6, where do we go in the boo with just 25 chapters?
                    Lennox C. (Len) Boush, EA, FNTPI
                    Heritage Income Tax Service, Inc.
                    Portsmouth, VA

Comment

Working...
                    X