Circular 230 Disclaimer in Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circular 230 Disclaimer in Emails

Recent article in TaxPro Monthly advises to delete the Circular 230 disclaimer from outgoing emails per Karen Hawkins, Director of OPR.

Circular 230 Disclaimer Removal

It's nice that you notify us all from a membership newsletter from NATP of a policy that's been in existence
    for about 6 months at least.

Do you have any other news information to report?
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
      Recent article in TaxPro Monthly advises to delete the Circular 230 disclaimer from outgoing emails per Karen Hawkins, Director of OPR.
      The only thing that is required to eliminate any reference to Circular 230 or OPR requiring the disclaimer. The rules were changed about six months back.

I left my disclaimer the same, but I removed the reference that Circular 230 requires the disclaimer.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Don't know why people need to be snippy about getting information.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
          It's nice that you notify us all from a membership newsletter from NATP of a policy that's been in existence
          for about 6 months at least.

Do you have any other news information to report?
          Was this really necessary on a community board that is for the benefit of everyone? Burke's posts have helped a lot of readers of this board over the years, and I appreciate his comments. Considering that I still get e-mails from attorneys, CPA's, and EA's with the Circular 230 disclosure indicating that Cir 230 still requires the disclosure, I am sure others on this board were interested in the post.

Thanks Burke.

Comment

I Agree

Although I already had the info, I really appreciate the news from Burke and any news anyone will share with us. I think some people replying to some threads on this forum need to take a long break and realize that if they don't want to use the info just don't use it, or don't read it. Who are they to say it is not useful to others on this forum?

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Comment

Thank you Burke

Once again thanks Burke for your help.

Happy Holidays everyone

Comment

Email and/or written disclaimers

1. During a recent IRS 'circular 230' webinar, the Director of Practice made similiar statements about the e-mail disclaimers.
                2. What my notes said she said was that if you are using a disclaimer, don't mention Circular 230. He tone of voice was that she didn't want practitioners and clients thinking IRS was requiring such disclaimers.
                3. This does NOT mean that tax practitioners should not use 'disclaimer' or statement on any type of written advice.
                4. This is particulary true, in my experience, when we respond to e-mails from clients who provide less than all the facts and circumstances.
                5. Been afk for 4 weeks.
                Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Working...
                X