How far back can I get returns from IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far back can I get returns from IRS

A client called late today. He is needing to get 2001, 2002, and 2003 return copies. How far back can these be gotten from the IRS and are they even electronic back that far?

Since my wife is having surgery tomorrow, I will not meet with him to find out what he really needs until next week, but want to be prepared with some type of answer on times and availability.

Thanks to all for your knowledge.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

TheIRS has the last six years available electronically, prior to that you'll need to submit a written request, there's a form to send but I forget the number (in holiday mode this week). It'll take months to get the copies.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
      TheIRS has the last six years available electronically, prior to that you'll need to submit a written request, there's a form to send but I forget the number (in holiday mode this week). It'll take months to get the copies.
      Actual paper copies require Form 4506 and a fee.

Comment

10 years through E-Services
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X