Ea test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ea test

I passed the EA test about 20 years ago. Somehow I never got to register. My father was having a double heart transplant during the registering time and I failed to get it done. Is there any help for me except to retake?

Just moving back up. I hate to take that test again.

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
      Just moving back up. I hate to take that test again.
      If you took the test 20 years back and did not register and renew as required you will most likely have to retake the test.

To see if they even have records from that far back You may want to contact:

Office of Practitioner Enrollment
      P.O. Box 33968
      Detroit, MI, 48232
      Fax: (313) 234-1622
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Do you have an EA certificate?

Do you have an EA certificate? Did you complete your required CPE's and if so did you keep copies of the completed CPE's?

Comment

What happened was I passed, got my letter to register and because of the things going on with my father and a very nasty divorce at the same time I didn't send my letter in. However I have been up to par on all the CE's required since then. I only do about 150 returns and do not want to get into the representation business. In fact I may only do this for 2 more years. Being doing it for 40 years now. Do you think they would grant me a reprieve? Probably not.

Comment

It is worth a phone call as noted in the prior post - however, you have missed all of your fees that had to be paid, and your CPE's were probably never reported.

I don't know - I wish you luck, as I would not want to have to sit for the EA exam again either! Did it in 1982!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
            X