IRS's PTIN website for renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS's PTIN website for renewal

I would like my profile to have the email address I have on my website and give to my clients but I fear placing that email address on the my PTIN profile will get exposed to spammers. How did PTIN.org get ahold of the email address I current have on PTIN.gov?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    I would like my profile to have the email address I have on my website and give to my clients but I fear placing that email address on the my PTIN profile will get exposed to spammers. How did PTIN.org get ahold of the email address I current have on PTIN.gov?
    Ahh yes, freedom of information act requests.

The law allows vendors and others to obtain a list of PTIN holders. Find out what is released and how to update your information.

Basically, all your PTIN information can be obtained through FOIA requests. No opt out possible. Thus lots of marketing emails and regular mails too for that matter from companies wanting to sell tax stuff. I pretty much ignore it all or flag it as spam if it's email. I get why the companies do their marketing that way. I just don't buy anything that way, so to the garbage (or spam folder) it goes.

Comment

Working...
    X