The End is Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End is Near

The end of this filing season is near, as today is the extension deadline. In honor of this day, here is my favorite Sven and Ole joke:

Sven and Ole start a new Church. They are out standing by the road, pounding a sign into the ground, that reads: Da End iss Near!

Turn Yourself Aroundt Now! Before It’s Too Late!

As a car sped past them, the driver leaned out his window and yelled, “Leave us alone, you religious nuts!”

From the curve you can here screeching tires and a big splash…

Ole turns to Sven and asks, “Do ya tink maybe da sign should yust say ‘Bridge Out’?”

Thanx! I needed that.

Comment

I am glad this is over with... ended my day with a client telling me off because of what I charged. Instead of asking me politely about lowering my price I get this.... after being clients for 10 years. Makes me wonder why I continue to be in this profession.

Comment

It's their problem. You're worth your fees and probably more, too! You can fire him...

Comment

Thank you. I am very fair with people.... like I said if they would have come to me another way about it.

There will be several getting letters in December. Also taking advice on sending letters in regards to extensions from previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
            I am glad this is over with... ended my day with a client telling me off because of what I charged. Instead of asking me politely about lowering my price I get this.... after being clients for 10 years. Makes me wonder why I continue to be in this profession.
            Just finished filing the last 2 extensions. I get that same attitude from some clients when I add a few extra bucks for filing on 10/15! One fellow said you did not have to rush during regular filing season, I gave you all this extra time so I should get a good discount!
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I've had that one before, except they ask if I charged less after the tax season if they do an extension.

This one today told me they should not have to pay for my "continuing education" because I would use what I learned preparing their return for someone else and not charge that person????

I'll edit this and say for every client that is like the above I have 10 that are great.
              Last edited by geekgirldany; 10-15-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                I've had that one before, except they ask if I charged less after the tax season if they do an extension.

This one today told me they should not have to pay for my "continuing education" because I would use what I learned preparing their return for someone else and not charge that person????

I'll edit this and say for every client that is like the above I have 10 that are great.
                No one has yet challenged me on the "cost of continuing education" but if they did, I would simply ask, how do you know you are not paying for continuing education of your attorney or doctor or in some states your hairdresser?

Just like any other business we have overhead that gets "absorbed" in our charges. No one does it for free!
                Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                  No one has yet challenged me on the "cost of continuing education" but if they did, I would simply ask, how do you know you are not paying for continuing education of your attorney or doctor or in some states your hairdresser?

Just like any other business we have overhead that gets "absorbed" in our charges. No one does it for free!
                  I've never been challenged with that one yet either, but if that's the case......if I go for my PHD, can I increase my prices?

Comment

Sven calls Ole, an undertaker.

"Ole, You have to come and pick up the Mrs. She died."

"Sorry to hear that Sven, where do you live"

Sven says - "On Eucaliptus Drive"

Ole responds - "Can you spell that"

Sven responds after a pause - "How about if I pull her over to Oak street."

Comment

[QUOTE=mrbill;166698]Sven calls Ole, an undertaker.

"Ole, You have to come and pick up the Mrs. She died."

"Sorry to hear that Sven, where do you live"

Sven says - "On Eucaliptus Drive"

Ole responds - "Can you spell that"

Sven responds after a pause -"[ "How about if I pull her over to Oak street./QUOTE]

Pine Street may be cheaper!

Comment

Working...
                      X