Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the begining Global was not that high priced

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
    But unlimited webinars for Global costs twice as much as Checkpoint.http://www.cpe.biz/
    https://checkpointlearning.thomsonre...m/Bundle/Index
    Global is now but when they first offered unlimited Webinars, I believe I got in for $199 special.

Comment

I used Global for several years now. This year they started "on demand" which is great because I can watch it at night or over the week end leaving work hours to work.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
        $32.95 is still a good deal on the CPE. I have taken the Platinum Professional Services Courses. They are cheap and really just a rehash of the pubs. TTB CPE is very good. Like how it is broken down. I purchased a CPE course for $195 this year on business returns. Really wasn't worth the price as the material was overwhelming.
        I thought the IRS prohibited the courses that just rehash publications?

Generally for me, I do the minimum required in one of these ultra cheap courses - then do my own research and education beyond that for free without getting IRS credit. The courses rarely provide quality information because we each have personalized needs. I took a course on Estates - really taught me next to nothing.

Comment

Well, I would say it was rephrased from the various pubs. It would give an overall short paragraph about a certain topic and then say "for more information look at pub xx". Quite frustrating.

Comment

I am Anxious to see what the IRS will offer in way of CPE's

As many of you probably heard, the IRS is supposedly launching a database of tax practitioners Jan 2015. The database is supposed to display if the practitioner completed any CPE's. Its my understanding the IRS is going to take what I refer to as trying to embarrass and/or placing a guilt trip on all Practitioners that are un enrolled. So will the IRS increase the number of their current complimentary CPE webinars?

Comment

For those of you that use Global for your CPE:

Do you know if they ever offer discounts (the price is steeper than I like)?

Are the classes GOOD? Do you learn things?

Do they send you Powerpoint slides or other class material before the start of class?

Thank you!

Comment

Give TheTaxReview Series a consideration.

First of all, thank you to everyone who participates on our message board and uses our products - We really appreciate each and every one of you!

I was just browsing this message board as I do from time to time and saw this post - so I figured I'd toot our own horn.

Tax Materials, Inc publishes self-study CPE/CE courses available in print format and (more popular because it's less expensive) in online PDF format. Our CPE is valid in all 50 States and we submit your hours on a weekly basis directly to the IRS (assuming you've given us your PTIN). When taking our courses online you have access to every course we offer ( http://thetaxbook.com/tr_course_catalog.asp ) and you choose how to distribute the hours available to you. The hours you purchase (or receive free with your purchase) are valid a full year from their availability date - meaning you can take some courses this year and those hours will be applied towards this years credit or wait to take some courses next year and they will be applied towards next years credit.

Depending on when and how much you order the price is right around $6.25/hr. Everyone on this message board should be able to access our online CPE for FREE as you receive one free hour of CPE for every tax reference book (TheTaxBook Series) or online user (TheTaxBook WebLibrary) you purchase from us. Should you be interested in learning more about our offerings please feel free to reach out via email (jacob@thetaxbook.com) or phone (866-919-5277).

Please know we really appreciate all of your continued business and enthusiasm for our products. I hope your extensions have gone well and you all have a great upcoming tax season.
                Jake Meyer
                jacob@thetaxbook.com

Comment

My experience

I once took a TaxBook Ethics CPE in the manner Jacob describes. If I weren't enamoured with live seminars I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Cost was more than reasonable, material was well-written and relevant, and CPE certificate given at the end. This is a good choice for those of you not wanting to travel to a live seminar.

Comment

I suppose I over do it with CPE. I get The Tax Book CPE each year, What's New, Ethics, and then an extra course. Yes, TTB CPE courses are very good and I do like how they are laid out. I then take courses from other companies as well.... just trying to keep up to date and refresh myself with basic classes.

Comment

Try Tax Book CPE's

I just completed a 2 CPE course which I received at no charge for purchasing items. I must say I was very pleased with the info. It was really informative with examples, risks for doing different actions, etc. I really learned a lot even though it was just for 2 CPEs. I would certainly do it again. Even if I had to pay, the course was very reasonable.

Comment

Global CPE's supposedly running a sale

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
                        For those of you that use Global for your CPE: Do you know if they ever offer discounts (the price is steeper than I like)? Are the classes GOOD? Do you learn things? Do they send you Powerpoint slides or other class material before the start of class? Thank you!
                        When I first subscribed to their Webinars, they were basically in the start up stage. I only comparison I have is the IRS webinars to compare them to. I went to Global website yesterday and while they displayed unlimited 12 webinars for $599, I clicked on chat and according to the chat person I was communicating with, they are running special of $199 12 months unlimited but I would be careful and at least get that in email format.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                          When I first subscribed to their Webinars, they were basically in the start up stage. I only comparison I have is the IRS webinars to compare them to. I went to Global website yesterday and while they displayed unlimited 12 webinars for $599, I clicked on chat and according to the chat person I was communicating with, they are running special of $199 12 months unlimited but I would be careful and at least get that in email format.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X