PTIN Renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Renewal?

Received an offer to renew my PTIN number. I thought this was not available until Oct 15th? Came from TaxPro_PTIN@irs.gov. Legit?
    Last edited by zeros; 10-06-2014, 01:31 PM.

Some early responders are invited to renew prior to the official opening. NAEA had news of this.

Comment

I received the email. I just now logged on and renewed. Now if they get bogged down later in the year, I already have mine done.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Received the same e-mail....logged in and renewed in about five minutes. I guess there are advantages to renewing early.

Comment

I received no email

But thanks for the reminder. DONE.
          I've also done most of my continuing education, like to do an additional amount that first of the 3 years so I only have to document 17 hours the remaining two. Been putting it off and am leaving town next Wednesday - should try and use that as my goal to be done before leaving.

Comment

Received the same email

I received the same email about renewing. Just did it also, took less than 5 minutes.
            Wtorres

Comment

I just completed my renewal also.

Comment

Did NOT receive any email

I logged into my PTIN account and it does not give me the option to renew. I called the phone # and the message said open season begins in mid October.

Comment

I renewed

I didn't receive an email, however, I was able to renew. Thanks for the thread! Now I am all set for another year!

Comment

I called the PTIN people and this is what they said

I called the PTIN people and this is what they said. Open season does not begin until Oct 16th and when I asked her why other tax preparers were already renewing, she replied those preparers have a history of renewing early. Looking at my renewal history, I paid it in Nov.

Comment

Weirdness

I have not yet received an "official" email for PTIN renewal, nor is there (currently) any renewal option available for me when I visit the PTIN website [ https://rpr.irs.gov/datamart/login.do ] .

In the past I've usually renewed in mid-October.

Who knows??? Maybe I have offended some of the IRS gods. . .

As an aside, I have been notified by my software provider that I will not have to (again) prove the validity of my EFIN for the upcoming tax season as I provided sufficient proof for the prior season.

FE

ADDENDUM: OTOH, perhaps it's just because of my "usual legendary belligerence."
                      Over and out!
                      Last edited by FEDUKE404; 10-07-2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: Addendum

Comment

Working...
                      X