No announcement yet.

OT: Late Penalty... My Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think one of the best responses is to call their attention to the fact that they are making a mathematical calculation. They are not necessarily ill-prepared. They are so busy or preoccupied with other things they they are implicitly accepting a penalty as the cost of the convenience of doing it later. They are also accepting the fact that this cost is unknown until the return is completed. As long as they understand that (even if they don't agree exactly with the logic), I'm OK with whatever they choose to do. The key is making sure they understand this is THEIR decision and THEIR responsibility, not mine.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

True Snag and John. Thank you.

I am mild manner... don't have to stoop to their level but I need to make sure they understand it is on them not me.

I was speaking to a relative last night and she said "you are too good to people". I've heard people say that about my brother and grandfather. You are so good to people they take advantage of it.

I've got better on standing up for myself... I've just need to get better

Comment

Working...
      X