Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
    §36B(f)(3) and §1.36B-5
    Sorry, you are right. The regs for §36B are not affected by Notice 2013-45, so Form 1095-A is required to be given to the taxpayer by the marketplace for 2014.

Disregard everything I said in this thread previously.

Comment

In MA we have something similar called a 1099-HC and taxpayers generally receive them from the insurance carrier within the prescribed time. 205 filing season will be rough because it is the first time but over time unless the laws are changed drastically it will settle down just like it did in MA.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Delayed filings

Yes, anyone who got their health insurance through an exchange will receive a 1095-A for 2014 from the health care exchange itself. I can almost guarantee that when they receive it by mail in January 2015, most people will look at the Form 1095-A and toss it thinking it's gobbledegook.

We'll have to know whether the client got his or her health insurance from an exchange and get the 1095-A which was sent to them. No doubt they will insist they never got it and we'll tell them we can't file their returns until we get a copy of the 1095-A.
        That is going to slow down the process this year.

Clients will get upset particularly those who want to file early and get back their anticipated refund. "I owe you how much for doing my return this year?"

Comment

Working...
        X