Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions: Is the Tax Prep Business waning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
    For anyone paying attention to the new 2014 draft forms concerning Obama Care, I think you will see a huge increase in business next spring as hoards of do-it-yourselfers come to your office wanting to know why they owe all of this money this year when they never did in the past - thanks to the new Premium Tax Credit and how nobody's tax return will match the credit they received when signing up for the exchange.

This is the year the bulk of the Obama Care tax provisions kick in, and every one of those new forms is complicated, even for the most simple of tax returns. The Premium Tax Credit is the 21st century version of the Earned Income Credit.
    OK. I need to learn more about the Affordable Care Act, forms required, etc. I know there's tons of information available online, but can anyone suggest a good, comprehensive CPE class or other with examples?

Comment

Check NATP

I noticed that NATP has a webinar covering the individual mandate. They offer it on 2 separate days for 2 CPEs (Nov 4th or Nov 6th). I think they also offer one for the company mandates.

Comment

Working...
      X