mailing late filing returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mailing late filing returns

mailing addresses are different in past years, do I send where the 2008 says, or send where I've been mailing the 2013 - Louisville KY? in 2008 it was St Louis

I would use current mailing adress.............................2013........... ........
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Where to file

If you haven't been given a specific address to send the return, for example, in an IRS notice or as a result of an examination, then send the return to the filing address appropriate for where the client lives. Here is a link to the IRS list of filing addresses based on taxpayer's tax home state. http://www.irs.gov/uac/Where-To-File...-Professionals

The problem with using addresses printed out by old tax software is that those processing centers or post office locations may have closed or moved and the postal service won't have any idea where to send it.

Comment

Also certified mail

Good idea, also, to send certified mail.

Comment

Working...
        X