ATX Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATX Problems

I have ATX 2013 and need it to do fiscal year returns. When I tried to open it last week, it wouldn't said couldn't access server. I spent like 2 hours on the phone with Tech Support, the downloaded stuff and put in my efile acks again and had to manually do my PRS stuff for Corporate returns. I also had to spend the time to re-enter all of my preparer and efiler info to populate and rollover for next year. Now it is doing the SAME thing, Tech support is closed and will have to call tomorrow. Was wondering if anyone else out there may be having similar problems and got a knowledgeable fix, obviously mine was not. Thanks!

Try the unofficial ATX board:

Comment

Not experiencing any problems of this sort. ATX Community Board poster had an issue with not being able to access 2012 for rollovers, but it subsequently was discovered to be with his security software in his computer which he fixed. Could this be it?
      Last edited by Burke; 08-13-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

This is a known issue with ATX. I've had it happen a few times this year. When you get the "cannot access server" message, close out, wait a minute or so, and try to open the program again. Repeat as needed. It may take several tries, but you will get in. This seems to affect some computers more than others. I have the problem when I have just booted the computer up and try to open the program right away.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxmannEA View Post
          This is a known issue with ATX. I've had it happen a few times this year. When you get the "cannot access server" message, close out, wait a minute or so, and try to open the program again. Repeat as needed. It may take several tries, but you will get in. This seems to affect some computers more than others. I have the problem when I have just booted the computer up and try to open the program right away.
          Thanks, I will try that!

Comment

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I've had the same virus software when I didn't have this problem, but it downloads updates all the time, so I will look into that. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Thinking of Switching?

With the ATX issues still festering, anyone considering switching to Drake or Intuit for next season?

My mailbox has been jammed with offers from various software vendors.
              Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Wow, thanks for the info. We switched to Drake for 2013 but had to keep the FAM because Drake's does not have enough functionality for us. We have been locked out of FAM for a couple of days now and I have been looking for another standalone fixed asset program. Just tried to access FAM again and it now is working. So will be able to finish out 2013 tax returns, hopefully, using FAM. This is the last straw for us, however. Will not use ANY ATX programs for the 2014 season.

Comment

I bailed out on ATX in January 2013 after seeing early news of so many problems their users were having. I can't imagine a return to ATX under any foreseeable circumstances, even if they managed to overcome their many shortcomings. Drake is so much faster than ATX at all levels. Speed is important on our business, and Drake's lightning fast speed ultimately translates into more money in the preparer's pocket. So if you want to become more efficient and leverage that efficiency into higher earnings, then Drake is the solution.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

2012 was a nightmare with ATX. For 2013 returns, I haven't had any significant problems at all (nuisance pop-up about connectivity, but it didn't affect me, and that's been fixed.) New computer definitely made a difference too. Took a Drake seminar, couldn't deal with their formats. I may not do taxes but one more year. Can't see changing software now.
                    Last edited by Burke; 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X