Faxing through Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faxing through Internet

I have reached my limit of patience, my fax line is down through the cable company (it is a dedicated line) - Internet services etc are okay that is a separate line

So I am seriously looking at any of the "efax services" and if anyone can rate the experience and ease of use and cost from the following list. Of course I have to fax to IRS so that is a consideration on the services.

I would like to "port" my current number (I will be disconnecting) so not sure how that will work - but then also set up an 800# for future.

Metrofax
    Ring Central
    MyFax
    Efax - this service seems to be the most expensive?

Help!

Thanks

Sandy

My Fax

I use My Fax to receive faxes. To send faxes, I use a fax machine but through my regular telephone number rather than a dedicated line. I leave the fax turned off except when I'm sending a fax.

I seldom send faxes since normally I can send an e-mail using a scanned copy of any attachments required.

I used to use E-Fax, but My Fax does the job at less cost.

Comment

fax

I use MY FAX it costs $10.00 a month. Only problem when faxing 2848 while on hold it sometimes takes a little long for IRS to receive it.

Comment

I use send2fax since close to 10 years. I pay $8.95 but it's limited (enough for me). Do not know the details. Have been very happy with them including faxing to IRS.

Comment

I use eFax. I have some clients that use a free version. I pay so I can choose my own number. I love eFax. I've had great customer/technical service. I can access it from anywhere I have an internet connection. For the most part, though, I receive eFaxes via email anytime, anyplace I open my email.

If you want to port your existing number, you might have to pay for an upgraded version of any fax service, so make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

I used to have an 800 number on my stand-alone fax machine, but let it go when the price went up. All my clients seem to have national phone plans anyway, so the 800 # was of no advantage. When I chose my eFax number, I could have an 800 # but chose a 203 area code to match my other numbers.

Comment

Sandy,
            Call me when you are free.
            D

Comment

Sandy,

I just actually contracted with Metrofax about a week & 1/2 ago. If paying a year up front, (after the 30 day free trial), it comes to $6.53/mo which includes 500 faxes/mo (combination of incoming & outgoing), or $7.95/mo if paid by the month. I also ported my existing number, which until that goes through, I am forwarded to a temporary number which worked seamlessly. I already had to fax to IRS, while on the phone with them twice and no problems, ( as the agent usually has to go to the fax machine anyway). I also got a fax confirmation sent directly to my e-mail. So pleased with the service, I do not know why I waited so long. As soon as I get confirmation my number was ported ( said it would take about 21 days), I am rid of my fax machine and 2nd line!!

-Robin

Comment

I just switched to Ring Central two weeks ago and so far it works fine. Had a glitch getting my fax number ported to them but that was an issue with Frontier not RC. I like the Ring Central app on my phone to let me know when a fax arrives, it can also email or text a message if you want. $85/ year for 200 pages per month.
                "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Rlmea and Taxmandan,

Thanks so much for posting, it provides me more confidence in moving forward to either service and cutting the "umbilical cord" to the fax land line, as your experiences are relative new and it seems not to be too much of an effort to changeover from land line to electronic fax through email or a web portal.

Lion, Gretel taxxcpa, and MDEA, thanks as well for your posts on Efax and Myfax and other sources

Dennis we have talked

Sandy

Comment

Trouble viewing this email? Read it online

Download the FREE eFax App

Mobile App and eFax Service Updates

Put the power of eFax in the palm of your hand. Download the free eFax mobile app to receive faxes from your smartphone and tablet.

Enjoy even more benefits when you upgrade to eFax Plus:

• Scan and send faxes from your smartphone or tablet.

• Sign faxes with your finger or add your signature image.

• Share and store faxes as PDFs.

Get the most out of eFax.
                    Upgrade to eFax Plus today.
                    1 (800) 958-2983

Get a FREE voice number for your business

As a valued eFax customer, we're also pleased to introduce another new mobile app. The eVoice mobile app lets you add a second voice number to your smartphone so you can make and receive business calls from anywhere.

And the best part is, it's free!

The eVoice mobile app features include:

• Get a FREE voice number for your business.

• Make and receive calls from your business number.

• Screen and send unanswered calls to voicemail.

Download the FREE eVoice App

Need more minutes and features? eVoice offers affordable plans starting at just $12.99 per month. Available features include call recording, voicemail transcripts (voicemail-to-text), conference calling, custom greetings, text messaging, speed dial and more.
                    Click here for details.

Download the free eFax and eVoice mobile apps today!

Along with updates to our mobile apps, our customer agreement has been updated including changes to our dispute resolution process, click here for details.

© 2014. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice, Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.

j2 Global, Inc. 6922 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028.

You received this message as a registered eFax Free subscriber. Your primary fax number is 15097570909. You are subscribed as ritalewis@dollarssense.com. eFax Free accounts are supported by advertising as explained in our Customer Agreement and Privacy Policy.

To opt out of receiving marketing messages from eFax, click here.

Comment

Mobile App

eFax also has a mobile app for your smartphone, tablet, whatever.

Comment

Since I left Efax I am getting less junk faxes. hum??????
                        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

That's interesting. I don't think I've received ANY junk faxes via eFax, and I've been with them for about seven years. I do get one or two junk faxes every single day on my stand-alone fax machine on it's dedicated land-line that I've had slightly longer.

Comment

Just got 3 junk faxes this morning but very little before that, maybe 2 a week. I was getting 4-5 a day with efax. Maybe a coincidence....????
                            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I was concerned about meeting the GLB Act requirements for faxes (most fax-by-email services don't meet the requirements). I was using RingCentral, which kind of works is you log in and retrieve the faxes via a secure HTTPS connection rather than via email (email is not secure). But RingCentral does not keep the faxes "encrypted at rest" and presents a bit of a risk if you keep faxes in your account that have SS numbers, etc.

I found sFax that is specifically GLB Act compliant: http://www.sfaxme.com/help/glba/ The pricing is the same as RingCentral, and I was able to port my local fax number from RC over to them. So far it is working out very well, and I'm happy that they fully meet either HIPPA or GLB Act security standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X