NT - Question on Deleting Emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT - Question on Deleting Emails

Is the idea of marking the unwanted emails "junk/block sender" supposed to get rid of them forever? Doesn't seem to work on mine.
    t

Microsoft Outlook does a beautiful job of weeding out spam. Once you designate a certain e-mail address as junk, I have it set that it deletes it for me on new ones so I don't even see the actual contents.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I have the same problem!

I also have the same problem. At first, I would block the email address, but my provider said the it doesn't work most of the time because those emails are really coming from another address that we have utilized. They said that it just has to be deleted each time. I assume that goes for using the "junk mail" for these also. It is so frustrating!! I have checked the box to list it as spam/junk mail manay times and it still appears again. Hopefully, someone else on this forum can help with this problem.

Comment

I use EmClient after having problems with Intellect Chaos email program. EmClient works great on marking them as junk/blocked sender. They go into the junk folder every time. Avast Internet Security is also good at marking them as Spam. I have a couple that still come through but not like before.

I gave EmClient a try and it is very comparable to Intellect's email program. They give a 30 day trial and then it is $99 for 1 license with lifetime upgrades. I am very happy with it.

Comment

I create rules to block the spammers that send emails from different addresses. Using the keywords I can block most male enhancement ads and hot stock tips from hitting my inbox.
          In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
          Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Share Info

Would you be able to share some of that info with us?

Comment

please

I would love that information. I have my business email address and I have a personal yahoo address. Somehow I have gotten on every idiot's email list. It is all going in the spam folder but you still have to delete it at some point. I don't even look to see who it is from. I just delete the whole spam folder. But I would rather not have to deal with it.

So please share.

Linda, EA

Comment

Right Click on the offending email and select "create rule". In the next window it should have identified both sender and subject. Check the box next to either or both. In the lower pane select "Move the item to folder" I use Junk E-mail. About once a week I scan the junk folder and bulk delete it. You can use the subject window to broaded or narrow the selection. Wild cards are allowed.
                In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Dave....thanks a lot for the info. I am going into my email right now and try this. It will save so much time. Thanks again!!

Comment

My email server deletes all junk mail after 7 days automatically. I can delete sooner if I wish. I don't often look at it unless someone tells me they sent something I did not get.

Comment

Working...
                    X