review tax return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

review tax return

Does a CPA engage to review tax return require to sign the tax return?

Same happens with me!

I also have the same problem. At first, I would block the email address, but my provider said the it doesn't work most of the time because those emails are really coming from another address that we have utilized. They said that it just has to be deleted each time. I assume that goes for using the "junk mail" for these also. It is so frustrating!! Hopefully, someone else on this forum can help with this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tonsop View Post
      I wouldn't think so if no changes are made on it. You didn't prepare it you just checked it for errors.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Forget my response!

I guess I entered the response to the wrong thread. Sorry about that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonsop View Post
          Was there a charge for the review?

Were there any changes made by the CPA?

Who actually filed the return?
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

They are generally not required to sign the tax return; however, under the paid preparer rules they are considered to be a paid preparer if they are compensated for the review and would have responsibility for the return just as the signing preparer has responsibility.

Comment

The Regulations have some definitions:

A signing tax return preparer is the individual tax return preparer who has the primary responsibility for the overall substantive accuracy of the preparation of such return or claim for refund.

Comment

Working...
              X