OmniTech Shredders OT-NXC8PA jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OmniTech Shredders OT-NXC8PA jam

I may have try to shred to many sheets and some got stuck under the lip. It will run in reverse and forward but clump of papers is caught above the wheel kind of under the cover and seem to riding the wheel. I called OmniTech and they were helpless. I took it to Staples to see what they could do and they gave me OmniTech phone #. I searched for how to unjam vids on line and none of them apply to my situation. Below is a link to a pic of this shredder. If I could remove the sliver piece on the top which looks to snap on, I probably could remove the clump of paper but I tried to pry it with a screwdriver and I was afraid it was going break it off. Another Staples store told me they believe that silver piece snaps on and can be removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep the gears well lubricated.

During tax season when I am shredding documents by the bucket load I run a newspaper sheet soaked in used motor oil through the shredder once every 2 weeks. It keeps the gears lubed and reduces jams.

To get rid of the stuck shreds do reverse and forward a few times then use a long thin nail to pick the clumps off the gear wheel.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
    X