EA Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Renewal

I just got a letter from IRS stating that they were changing my status to inactive because they didn't receive my Form 8554.

I was sure that I had done this early in the year. So I went back through my records and found my payment on Jan. 25, 2014. That is plenty of time to process. I was just so busy I guess I never thought about not receiving my card.

But I DID do the renewal. Now I will have to call Monday and give them this information and hopefully get this straightened out. Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda, EA

Ea renewal

If you have any problems call NAEA they were very helpful when I never received my card. They were able to have it to me quickly.

Comment

I received the same letter, and found my receipt of payment as well.

I called them once last week, but after being on hold for an hour, I needed to leave. I'll need to call them again this coming week.

Did you renew by the pay.gov website (I did)? Obviously it works for most people, but I've heard a couple of other EA's say that things got lost when they submitted the application/renewal via Pay.gov.

Comment

Yes

Yes, that is how I renewed.

I think I will call NAEA Monday instead of waiting on the phone with IRS forever.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Linda, EA

Comment

Not that this assists anyone, I was on the cycle to renew, and as soon as the site was up and through the pay.gov - I posted payment, etc - I believe it was Dec 2013. Took a while before I received by EA Card renewal which now expires 2017

Obviously, if you are member of NAEA - contact NAEA, they are definitely in the know of issues on renewals, etc and should assist you

Good Luck!
          Sandy

Comment

Having problems

Well, I have called IRS 3 times now. Tuesday morning I was on hold for 54 minutes and then got cut off. In the afternoon I called and was on hold 45 minutes and got cut off.
            I have called NAEA several times. The person answering the phones kept telling me to call IRS directly. I told her I was not getting through and that as a member of NAEA they should help me. So I have left 2 messages so far for someone to call me back. This morning I left a message for Justin Edwards. I also called IRS this morning and was told due to high call volume to call again later.

Any suggestions would be helpful... I want to get this resolved.

Thanks

Linda, EA

Comment

Linda, can you call the IRS right when they open around 7:30 a.m.? That is when I call now and atleast get through faster.

Comment

EA Renewal

Got the same letter two weeks ago. I had sent in the 8554 and paid the fee. Called and spent two hours on hold and then was disconnected. Called the following Monday and faxed the form to the IRS worker.

My renewal card came in the mail today.

Be of good courage.

Comment

Does IRS have a fax number for this division? I would fax the info to them and ask for a return fax response. If it isn't on their letter check the website.
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Try 313-234-1622.

Comment

Astro what is that number for?

This is from the IRS site regarding the letter. My SSN ends in 4 and I got the letter. I think this may be an error on the part of the IRS. i am looking for a fax number for EA management.

Comment

Done!!!

Ok. I just called IRS this morning. Was on hold for about 3 minutes. Agent checked and said yes I did renew. Asked if I renewed by PTIN for 2014. Said yes.
                        Said to expect my new card in 7 to 10 business days.

YEA!!!!!!!

TAXEA....guess that means that you need to get up in the middle of the night to call IRS number at 8 AM EST. Today they didn't seem busy that early. Friday there were flooded with phone calls early.

Glad that is put to rest. Thanks everyone

Linda, EA

Comment

Thanks for the update, when I saw your response this morning, I called and got through right away too.

Comment

Linda...bummer! I am not a morning person but.......

Comment

Working...
                            X