IRA Custodian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRA Custodian

Does anyone know how a custodian over several IRA accounts would fill out a W-9. I'm thinking since the IRA is a separate entity that the custodian would have to fill out several W-9's, the only difference in the W-9's being the FBO name. Does anyone agree or disagree with this?

Thanks,

Rich

Disagree, Sorta

"sorta" because I do not operate in the world of IRA custodians, and certainly not enough to pose a valid argument either way.

When you are speaking of IRA custodians you are speaking of a highly regulated industry. These include everything from Bank of America
    to Fidelity Funds. I would think the disclosure requirements far exceed the issuance of a W-9.

Maybe I've missed something...are these the "custodians" of whom you speak?

Comment

Custodian

When I say custodian I mean Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc. I would think these institutions would be required to provide a W-9 for FATCA purposes.

Comment

Provide it to whom? FATCA applies to foreign institutions reporting income to the IRS.

Comment

IRA invests in foreign fund

The W-9 would be provided by the custodian of the IRA to the foreign fund that that the IRA is investing in.

Comment

Then, it sounds to me that you had it right in your original post. One for each fund.

Comment

Working...
            X