CPE on C-Corps and Partnerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPE on C-Corps and Partnerships

I am looking for a good course on C-Corps and Partnerships. I have a potential new clients that would like for me to start preparing these returns. On both it has been a LONG time since I've prepared such returns. Maybe like 10 years.

I was looking at Jennings but they have already switched over to 2014 courses and they will not be available until later in the year.

Is there another company that anyone could recommend with good courses on these subjects. I do not want the "quickie" cpe, I want a good course on preparing C-Corps and Partnerships.

Thanks
    D

Check out National Center for Professional Education.

NCPE is dedicated to providing the highest quality education at the lowest possible cost.

Not basic seminars on 1065's, 1120's, and 1120S returns. More advanced.

But the best there is.

They offer these during the summer months.

The 1040 is offered in the fall.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

If you're looking for self-study courses, try Profossional Education Services. They offer a wide range of courses and are very affordable. Here's a link:
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

Try Surgent McCoy. Hands down the best self-study courses I have taken. These courses are not just a copy of the IRS publication like many courses. They are detailed, difficult, and you will learn something.

Just google "Surgent McCoy"

Their manuals are an excellent reference as well.

Comment

Thank you all for recommendations. I will take a look. All of them offer some very good courses. I do want the self study. Wish the NCPE seminars were available as webinars as they look really good.

Comment

I 2nd the NCPE Seminars

The Cajun Boys really know their stuff (they're from LA). They are true professionals that have real world experience defending their positions/stances before the IRS.

You will be doing yourself a favor by attending their entity seminar (C, S, LLC, Partnerships and SPs). I learn something new everytime I attend. Their seminars are worth every penny, their worksheets are really helpful as well.

Also, I absorb the most info when attending live seminars. I always find a way to get distracted during Webinars.
            Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

CCH has a variety of live webinars, pre-recorded webinars, texts, and other materials for every topic. Not cheap, but thorough.

Tax, accounting, workflow, and firm management solutions to help your firm succeed, with the research tools you need to stay sharp.

Also, the HRB texts have always been excellent as well as their on-line education. The live courses depend on the quality of instructors in your area, though.
              Last edited by Lion; 04-23-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I haven't used CCH for continuing education yet, but I've always been impressed with everything I've read from them. They are VERY detailed.

If you like the self-study route, CCH has a very comprehensive "Learning Center Core Specialty Library".

Tax, accounting, workflow, and firm management solutions to help your firm succeed, with the research tools you need to stay sharp.

Comment

Thanks guys... lots of good options.

I really would have thought CCH would be more expensive than what I am looking at.

When I first started preparing tax returns, I took my first class at a local HRB.
                  Last edited by geekgirldany; 04-23-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

What did you choose?

Hello! I wanted to know what you ended up choosing for your CE, and were you satisfied with it? I am currently looking for a partnership/1065/LLC resource.

Comment

Working...
                    X