Form to have IRS delete tax preparer from tax return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form to have IRS delete tax preparer from tax return

Form # to have IRS delete tax preparer from tax return. I have a new client coming in today who dropped their INCOMPLETE stuff off a while back and I have been fighting with them for more docs since then. Today they are to finalize their tax return and why I should have told them up front I only accept cash from new clients especially on the last day to file, I need some possible leverage if I do get stiffed by a bounced check or stop payment check.

No form and no guarantee that the IRS would do it anyway. It's a pretty good threat, though.

Comment

What about filing an extension and then once paid file the return?

Comment

I recall that form being discussed on this board before

I recall that form being discussed on this board before. Until then I had no idea the form existed.

Comment

I have done this some years back. I don't think there is a form, I have written a letter to the IRS to ask them to remove me as a paid preparer since never was paid.

Comment

I'm doing this

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
            What about filing an extension and then once paid file the return?
            I'm doing this on one.
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

The topic has come up here before for example http://forum.thetaxbook.com/showthre...lection-Letter but I don't recall ever seeing a form mentioned. I don't believe actually removing the name is possible/real but that it's just a threat to try to scare taxpayer into payment.

Comment

I'm just trying to understand how you could file a return before getting paid.
                Do you mean some prepare returns and file them on credit?
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
                  I'm doing this on one.
                  That's my policy, too. If she doesn't pick up and pay today, its extension time...... Another one told me the check was in the mail. So, when it gets here, I will efile her as well.

Comment

Just did 6 Extensions

I just finished filing 6 extensions from clients who have been unresponsive to my calls to get me all the docs I need to finish their return. One lady just called me saying that she thought we had until Friday to finish the return because MA just extended the deadline till 18th for MA income tax due to computer glitches!
                    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

you may be thinking about removing yourself from a 2848. there is no form for removing the preparer from a return. I have also done it by letter with an explanation.
                      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

For me its about bounced checks or stop payment checks

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                        I'm just trying to understand how you could file a return before getting paid.
                        Do you mean some prepare returns and file them on credit?
                        For me its about bounced checks or stop payment checks. The fee to stop a check is around $30. For a tax return fee that runs $295, having it done for $30 is a pretty deal and we know over the years, TP's that have the capability of stopping a check.

Comment

I've worried about bounced checks myself. I've had a couple this year but I know them very well and am sure it was a mistake. Dealing with sickness in both cases and they later brought by cash to pay me.

I am going to buy some window stickers to start promoting credit/debit cards I take. That would cut the hassle down some. I've also looked into using QuickBooks check processing service... but it still goes through the same process as the bank and if it does bounce Intuit charges you, then you have an option of letting them take it to a collection agency. They do try to give you a heads up if there is a high possible on the check bouncing by looking at a database.

I would really like one of those check scanners like they have at Walmart. Run the check through and give it back to them. I am not sure if they have direct connection to banks or how it works. Would be wonderful to have something like that. My bank talked like it is expensive to setup.

Comment

Working...
                          X