Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreigh Source Income....looks like 1099 combo but not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreigh Source Income....looks like 1099 combo but not.

Has Source column, Has Qualified Div column, Has Total Div column, Has foreign tax paid column, Foreign Source % column and Income Foreign Source Obligations.

Extra info

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Has Source column, Has Qualified Div column, Has Total Div column, Has foreign tax paid column, Foreign Source % column and Income Foreign Source Obligations.
    I've seen plenty of these, but NOT as part of the Forms 1099.

Always a separate, companion document to the Forms 1099, with breakdown of just about anything that occurred within the account during the year.

Sounds more like a supporting explanation to a Form 1099??

(Be sure you are not missing the "real" Form 1099-DIV !)

FE

Comment

Its from Ed Jones & the top of the form says "2013 Additional Tax information"

Its from Ed Jones and the top of the form says "2013 Additional Tax information"

Comment

That information is given to facilitate the completion of Form 1116. Most of the time, that form is not necessary. However, it may mean Foreign Taxes were paid and should have been entered on the 1040. Is anything shown in the Foreign Tax Paid column?

Comment

Supporting info

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Its from Ed Jones and the top of the form says "2013 Additional Tax information"
          I've had several Ed Jones clients.

As stated earlier, that is used only to help in tax prep (may show asset-based fees, reorganization fees, put/call options especially of the "expired" type, and much more).

You start with the "real" Forms 1099....and then flip through the "Additional Tax Information" to see what may be of use there.

That's 'bout as clear as I can make it on April 14th.

FE

Comment

Working...
          X