No announcement yet.

Medicaid Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not fraud - poor planning ----Unfortunately, I had a son/daugher get caught up in repaying Medicaid (Kentucky) in year 2012. Parents had thought they did the right thing, but it did not work - Repayment out of the Personal Residence (Parents home inherited) and Medicaid had a "Lien" approx $ 71K, to cover Mom's Nursing Care provided by Medicaid. Once the son and daughter sold house, repaid Medicaid, commissions and etc - there was almost nothing left.

I would urge any of my clients to consult an Elder Care Attorney in the State that the Taxpyer resides that understands the State Medicaid laws.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 04-11-2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

You are correct. The new rules are effective 1/1/2014, but people over 65, blind or disabled, or receiving SSI and eligible for Medicaid and some others do not come under these financial methodologies.
      Last edited by Burke; 04-11-2014, 11:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        You are correct. The new rules are effective 1/1/2014, but people over 65, blind or disabled, or receiving SSI and eligible for Medicaid and some others do not come under these financial methodogies.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          People have always had to qualify for Medicaid based on their income/assets. I doubt if they would be eligible if they owned a house, unless it was a shack.
          Depends on the State.
          If it was a state that expanded medicaid coverage, it is strictly income based now.
          NO asset test.

Although the issue of medicaid payback has not been discussed/settled...

Comment

Working...
          X