Breaking News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News

I heard on the news today that the IRS raised the standard mileage rate to 48.5 cents for business mileage and to 22 cents for medical and moving mileage. The new rates will apply from Sept. 1 through year’s end.

Where can I get this information before I hear it on the news? What web site or what service should I be subscribing to, to keep on top of the latest changes?

Breaking News IRS

Gene, I am not sure, I have NAEA and Accountants World delivered each day to my email. Wasn't in the Friday email. However, I could "Google" the new rates after your post on Friday. .

So I also would be curious to know, how to get this information as quick as possible.

Sandy

Comment

Milage

I found this in my overnight Email from NAEA....

"The president of IRS' employee union wrote Commissioner Everson requesting IRS to raise the maximum mileage reimbursement rate for all workers (including, conveniently, all IRS employees) from the current 40.5 cents/mile. Coincidentally, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) is expected to introduce legislation that would temporarily increase the mileage reimbursement rates to 60 cents/mile.."
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

The link to the official news release is here:

We also posted the info on our updates page. Thanks Gene for the heads up. We intend to continue to post relevant news such as that on our updates page through out the year as we get the info.

Comment

Email Notices

I joined a couple of IRS email newsletters, one general and another for CT/RI subscribers, to keep up with tax news. Unfortunately, just days ago AOL lost all my stored mail; so, I can't give you a quick link to subscribe. Probably someplace on their Tax Practioners page.... Of course, I get lots of breaking news right on this site, also.

Comment

Working...
          X