Forming New LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forming New LLC

A client who lives in Florida wants to form an LLC to buy a building in Kentucky. Should he file as an LLC in Kentucky or Florida? I haven't dealt with this situation before and I want to avoid any pitfalls on forming the LLC in the wrong state. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Foriegn LLC

Each state has different protective rights within its Corporate/LLC formations. It has been said that Utah and Delaware are the best for Shareholder/Member protection.

When you incorporate under a state that you will not be operating in, you must register as a foreign entity in the state you will operate in. Doing this requires 2 annual filings for the same entity. Usually it is nothing more that paying a small fee to the state that formed your Corp/LLC.

Simplicity always seems to work for me, but other may differ.

Non-resident shareholders/members seem to have been put on a special list by more and more states lately and now require special withholding rules. Be sure to review Kentucky's non-resident laws.
    Last edited by BOB W; 05-12-2006, 08:58 AM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
    X