Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRS accepted e-filed 2012 yesterday. Anyone have more details on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS accepted e-filed 2012 yesterday. Anyone have more details on this?

I been trying to search thru Google but could not locate anything. How far back is the IRS allowing e-filing for individuals? How about for Business?

I believe it started for 2011 but then it depends on your software. ProSeries only allows to go back to 2012. All for 1040, don't know about biz.

Comment

I had no idea you could e-file a prior year return. I also did google this and could find nothing anywhere that would allow this.

Comment

Current and two prior. States may vary.

It's 1.4.1 on page 18. And yes, your software has to support it as well.
        Last edited by David1980; 02-26-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I have efiled a couple of 2012 returns this year and they were both accepted shortly after transmitting them.

Comment

I'm about to e-file a 2012 return as well, using ProSeries. What's the turnaround time on issuing the refunds via direct deposit? Due to the fact it is an older tax year return do they still have a long wait time or since it's electronic are they processed just like a current year return with normal processing time frames?
            Maria R., CRTP
            Los Angeles, CA
            Software Used: ProSeries since 2008

Comment

My client recevied both refunds

Originally posted by MariaR08 View Post
              I'm about to e-file a 2012 return as well, using ProSeries. What's the turnaround time on issuing the refunds via direct deposit? Due to the fact it is an older tax year return do they still have a long wait time or since it's electronic are they processed just like a current year return with normal processing time frames?
              MariaR, I am a Pro Series user (potentially last year) and I just e-filed a 2012 two weeks ago and the TP has already received her Fed & AZ refunds. Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
              X